A FREE IPAPA northern painting event: RSVP please
Mississinewa Lake and Converse, IN paint-out
$2,000 in awards with a first prize of $1,000. Again this year we will purchase 1-3 paintings to add to the community art collection begun in 2016.
Registration will be from 6 to 9 a.m. Saturday September 23 at Romanda’s (formerly Rickner’s Essen Haus) Restaurant, 223 N. Jefferson St., Converse, Indiana. Romanda’s has a full-service breakfast menu.
FRIDAY NOCTURNAL — back by popular demand. Early arrivals may get their canvases stamped at the Library, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday and participate in a Friday evening nocturnal on Main Street.
Friday night, artist Rick Wilson and the Borrowed Tyme Band, bluegrass, will perform.
- Improved Directions to key locations with easy lake access with scenes, key homes, farms, and gardens to access
- $5 cash to the first fifty to get canvases stamped Saturday morning.
- Canvas stamping with date and event
- Pick up instructions and any agenda updates for time changes of any events, ie, awards, show and tell, etc
- Early arrivals and late stays are welcomed and encouraged Friday, or Saturday stays — weather permitting, a moonlit paintout
- Judges: Shaun Dingwerth from RAM and Debora Stapleton, The Anderson Center for the Arts
The Time Table
3:30 Competition judging, Return to Converse, commons park downtown
4:30 Cash Awards (currently at $2,000 plus purchase prizes for public collection) / public viewing and sale
6 p.m. meet at 11296 S. 950 E., home of host artist for an after party, beer, wine, cheese, sandwiches, Latin dance, and while supplies last and mingle with sponsors, patrons, and select locals.
RSVP Please for planning purposes and to get your name on the group email for instructions
It will help assure we have enough registration information for all artists — message firstname.lastname@example.org Please thank the following sponsors for their financial contributions